Saturday, May 25, 2013

Adversity

I've gone through so many stages in life, already. Loved, love lost, love found again. Never in a million years did I think this is what I would become. Most people say that when they are ashamed or disappointed; but not me. I am incredibly proud and relieved that I have exceeded the world's expectations in my potential. I grew up as part of a struggling low-middle class family. I never had nearly as much as others and was perfectly okay with that. I did, however, vow that one day my children would never feel the struggles of keeping the lights on and keeping food on the table. At one point in my life I became withdrawn, dropped out of college, and contemplated the world beyond our living world. I took solace in the company I had there with me. I wasn't looking beyond my own little world. I wasn't thinking about the big picture. I fell in love with moments constantly and fell hard out of them when I realized they were only moments. Today I am 26 years old. I am engaged. I own a home. I have visible tattoos and dyed blonde hair. I am a woman. I am an Operations Manager for a conservative fortune 500 company and make $95K a year. I am everything you would not expect me to be by looking at me and that makes me happy. I have risen above the adversity of being a woman in the corporate world. Being tattooed in the corporate world. I come home every day to my artistic, urban fiance who is my polar opposite and literally can't picture a life in which I would be any happier. I can't say I have always made the best decisions in life. But I am certainly proud that both the good and bad decisions have led me here. I am excited for whats in store for me next. I love this adventure. I will continue to live by the virtue of AAA. Awareness, Attitude, and Authenticity...... and maybe a fourth A - AWESOMENESS.

No comments: