Tuesday, January 20, 2009

?

If pretty is fake is ugly real? Whenever i see someone that is physically appealing, in an A&F sitcom type way, i immediately think oh that person must be shallow. So does that make ugly people genuine and real. Its like the fat girl needs to have a good personality. Well what if she doesn't and what if the model does and is down to earth. Personally i think you should only be allowed to have one or the other. And i would have to pick personality. Beauty fades and after a while you start poking holes through it and finidng flaws. Inner beauty just grows and grows thats were love is found in the heart not inside a pair of designer jeans.

1 comment:

willowchronicles said...

I think what you look like significantly shapes who you are inside. The fat girl has to have a good personality and has to be cool, otherwise she's just the fat girl. And the scrawny guy with zits has to be really funny, otherwise he's just a geek.
When your looks get you the attention and positive affirmations early on, its not necessary to develop any sort of individual personality and explore the deeper thoughts of life.
I do, however, believe that you really can have both, and I think those that have both are truly beautiful people and I mean that in an inner beauty sort of way. To be able to be a beautiful person inside when it would be more than easy to rely on your looks is something to be admired.
I wonder if I was born asthetically beautiful if I'd still be myself. I'd like to think so, but I'm not so sure.