Friday, January 2, 2009

tomorrow isn't mine

I have an eerie calm about my own death. In some way, I almost look forward to it.
I know this may come across as morbid, but to me, death is a peaceful thought. True rest.
Don't get me wrong here, I want to live my life and grow older and wiser, have a family, I'd even like to know how it feels to become a grandparent; however, I don't feel as if I die tomorrow I'm missing out on anything. I used to have a very strong feeling that I did not want to die and be taken from my life here, I looked at death as a robbery if I happened too soon, but now, I can see that death is a force to be interpreted individually.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, however, I find life much more enjoyable and fulfilling without an anxiety over death.
If you think about it, your next breath is as uncertain as uncertainty comes. Death is unpredictable. I could fall asleep tonight and not wake up tomorrow, and the thought of that is somewhat comforting. Call me a morbid freak.

2 comments:

willowchronicles said...

I love this. I have felt this way for a very long time. Embrace it.

willowchronicles said...

Embrace it indeed...