Wednesday, March 11, 2009

leave of absense

I have to admit, not only have I not been posting here, but until today I haven't even read any posts. Reason being, it has become a depressing place to be.
I know it's easier said than done, but living can't be done in the past and you can't live for the future either. Life is a day to day thing. You wake up and you face what's in front of you. After waking up for years and dwelling on my past, it finally became too much of a sickening process. I now face each day with a cleared palate and fresh outlook for the day at hand. I can't change my past relationships, I can't change what my mom let me wear as a kid, no matter how embarrassing it was, and I can't fully control what's going to happen tomorrow. What I CAN do is take today and make it a good day. I can wake up being grateful that I've been granted another day, and I can wake up knowing that today is a small part of a whole. If small parts of a whole are good and positive, then the whole is positive.
Do I have bad days? Of course I do. But I remind myself, one bad part of a big whole, doesn't make the whole bad and tomorrow is another day.
I don't know, maybe I'm taking this all too literally and personally, but visiting here is depressing. It's not a positive uplifting experience. I joined here with the intentions of working on my writing, and it's become a place to vent frustrations, which is fine, if that's what is needed.
So, after today, I'm going back to being here on my original terms and intentions. My posts are going to be my writings and not my woes. No ones woes or issues are original, we all face challenges every day. They're original to no one.
I'm not here to condemn your use of willowchronicles. If venting your frustrations here is helpful to you, by all means, continue to do so. And if I have a word of comfort or advice that might be useful to you, I will share it.

3 comments:

willowchronicles said...

There are no bad experiences. Sometimes we will make mistakes. Occasionally, we will achieve greatness. The only requirement is that we live our life the way we want.

willowchronicles said...

I feel like we can learn from everything. Everything inspires me even the depressing stuff. When i was depressed or upset i found comfort in WC. I found comfort in people that felt the same way and vocalized that hurt, pain, and disorentation. I want to blog every emotion and feeling that i feel and know that it will resonate with someone out there. Thnak you for this blog and the people that dont have perfect lifes or a positive outlook on life.

willowchronicles said...

there ARE bad experiences. there are bad experiences happenning all over the world every day. there is no life lesson to being born into a poor family and starving, there are no life lessons to being an infant or a child abused by shitty alcoholic parents. these are bad experiences that happen all the time, and there is nothing to learn from them other than shit happens and that there are some real shitty people on earth. Dont tell me there aren't bad experiences, just feel fortunate that you may not have been exposed to any yourself.