Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Boost to my Ego

It's official. Have you ever had people who cut you out of their lives for one reason or another? I've had a handful. And as of last night the last one contacted me again. It's a wonderful feeling to know you aren't forgotten- either purposefully or not. The first three stopped talking to me for years and mostly it was because they were in controlling relationships. They all apologized for killing a friendship. And this fourth one stopped talking to me four years ago (long history there- always thought he was better than me) and just texted to say he was thinking about me to make sure I was alright. It's a good thing to know you aren't forgotten. And that people regret cutting off all ties and burning bridges. I never burn bridges- you never know who you'll need. And its a boost to my ego to know that people regret talking to me. I'm not saying I'm going to let these people back in my life fully like they were before. But its so so good to know that you're remembered and that these people regret the lost years of a friendship. Everyone should remember that.

2 comments:

willowchronicles said...

Couldn't agree more. I do the same thing with people that aren't in my life anymore.

willowchronicles said...

Its a good feeling knowing that you're not forgotten. I can tell you, if this person came back after this long, you were never forgotten to begin with. For whatever reason people lose contact or decide to stop it--sometimes its what is best for both parties.
I'm glad you know and feel that you're cared about.